BACK TO SCHOOL: Starting the year off on a high
Activities for that first week back to school
Your Classroom Environment
- Re-arrange your furniture
- Have attractive and inviting wall displays
- Establish a special corner or space. This could be a reading corner, an art space where materials can be easily accessed by your students, a puzzle students can try or a newspaper corner.
- Bring in plants, look after them with your students
- Start the year off by removing previous year’s student work and images from the walls. Even if you may have the same class or students you have previously taught this lets your students know that its a fresh new start, you’re ready to start learning.