Mitiaro High school is located on the Island of Mitiaro in the Southern Cook Islands and was Established in 1965. It is a state run school with a student population of about 54 students. The School has about four teachers with Tira Tararo as Principal and Makara Murare as Chairperson. The school caters for students from Early Childhood upto Secondary School level.
"Learn; Strive for the best".
Kaveinga - "Mou i te Kura; Tauta i te Kite e te Pakari".
where our school intends to be Ka anoano’ia te Apii Mitiaro kia tauta i ta ratou apii na roto i te aruaru’anga kia rauka tetai turanga meitaki no ratou.
what our school has to focus on to meet our vision
- To improve student achievement in literacy (reading, comprehension and writing ) in Mitiaro dialect and English amongst all our students, as we strive to achieve bilingualism, so they will be able to use both languages with confident when they leave school.
- To improve students achievement in Numeracy
- To develop and maintain the physical environment (buildings and grounds) and learning resources of Mitiaro school.
- To provide our students with the resources and skills, this will enable them to participate in island community work, sports and to maintain our culture and customs.
- To upgrade our teachers qualifications for higher education through taking USP Courses
Click Here to download Mitiaro School Staff Handbook