The Ministry of Education is seeking applications from qualified, experienced, and motivated professionals to join the executive management team in the areas of ITC and Finance.
Director – Information, Technology & Communications (ITC)
The Director of ITC is a senior position that requires high-level strategic planning experience to lead the Ministry, schools and providers through technology supported teaching and learning. The Executive Management team is looking for a team-player who will bridge the gap between technology and teaching & learning.
This position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring IT systems developed are responsive to meet the changing landscape of education across the Cook Islands,
- Ensuring quality IT support is provided to all education stakeholders, and
- Building on existing learning programmes to integrate technology across the curriculum.
Director – Finance
The Director of Finance leads all financial and asset management responsibilities of the Ministry, including schools and providers. As an integral member of the executive management team, we are looking for a strategically minded finance professional with a strong accounting and project management background to be responsible for:
- Leading financial planning and reporting activities across schools, providers, and the Ministry Headquarters,
- Driving the long-term planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes of the education sector, and
- Ensuring high standards of quality are maintained in areas of DRM, asset management, health and safety, maintenance and procurement.
Both positions require confident and experienced individuals who are able to think innovatively and across the whole sector, liaise with a very broad range of stakeholders, and have the ability to prioritise and manage their time well to lead and motivate their teams to meet quality outcomes and overall educational goals. Experiences in management and leadership roles is highly preferable with knowledge of the Cook Islands Education sector a plus; however, suitably qualified professionals will also be considered.
For more information on both exciting positions visit www.education.gov.ck for job descriptions and an application pack, visit Ministry HQ in Nikao, Rarotonga or call HRM on +682 29357.
Applications close Friday 18th June, 2021. Further queries and completed application forms, cover letter, CV with references to be sent to: Director HRM, PO Box 97, Rarotonga, CK or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Down-Load Files Below